Saturday, September 15, 2007

What a clutz

Well those of you who know me expect to be reading a post about Kaitlyn and I going to see the Lion King. And you are, sorta. Kaitlyn and I did go see the Lion King last night at the Orpheum. It was fantastic! Kaitlyn watched every moment with awe. She loved the animals walking down the aisle beside her (she had an aisle seat) and thought that was really cool.

We dropped Kyle off at my mom's to spend the night. He was not happy at all that he was not going to the Lion King.

Well during the first half of the show Kaitlyn of course had to go to the bathroom. I tried to hold her off as long as possible but she finally was like 'Mommy, I really have to go'. SO I said okay let's go. We had the stampede scene and Hakuna Matata scene left before intermission. We scurried out and began down the stairs to the bathroom. I said 'Kaitlyn let's hurry so we don't miss much'. About the time those words came out of my mouth, I tripped and fell face first as if I were sliding down the stairs. I thought to myself 'I am going to fall all the way to the bottom of these stairs and crash'. Well I stopped about 3-4 stairs from the bottom. My ankle hurt, my chest hurt, and I was thoroughly embarrassed. Luckily there was no one around to see me except Kaitlyn. She says 'oh no mommy are you okay'. Well I guess one of the ushers heard her and came down there. Oh mam are you okay. I said yes, yes I am fine. So I get up and go to the bathroom. While in there I began to feel fainty. Those of you who have known me long enough know this is a slightly common occurance. So I get myself kinda together and go outside the bathroom to sit on one of the couches. The manager guy comes over and says 'are you the one who fell, are you okay'. I said yes. He looks at me and says 'do you feel faint?'. I said yes. Then he says 'do you need me to call an ambulance?' I said no but thought to myself 'oh goodness no, don't make this worse than it already is'. So he gets me some water which I was thrilled about because I was going to stand in line for some anyway and probably paid $2-3 for it. Then he had to fill out an incident report. He kept asking me these questions. I wanted to say, you know I am really not the kind of person who would sue you, clearly it was my fault. Anyway so we sat there a few more minutes, missed the stampede and hakuna matata song (despite our attempt to be quick) and then went back to our seat to enjoy the rest of the show. On the bright side we did not have to stand in the obscenely long line for the bathroom during intermission and got a free bottle of water out of it.

Here are some other pictures of us that my mom took before we went off to the show.

No comments: