Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Santa's Dilemna

So we are low on money this year for Christmas presents. Normally it would not matter, my kids are still young enough not to know how much Santa spends on them for Christmas. I have bought each of them about $15 of stuff from the Target and Michael's dollar spot and a couple of movies so they already have what looks to be like many presents. Kyle would be happy with that and a couple of Hot Wheels, he is real easy. Typically Kaitlyn is too. However this year she really wants a Nintendo DS (the hand held one and of course she wants the pink one). These cost $130 plus you have to buy at least 1-2 games for it. Whether I have the money or not I usually do not spend more than $100 on each of my kids for Christmas, they get so much other stuff there is no need for me to add to the clutter. Kaitlyn is 8 and in the 2nd grade, this may be the last year for her to believe KWIM? The other day I was trying to talk her into wanting something else (and it was not going very well). I told her that she might not get the Nintendo thing. She says "Well I told Santa I wanted it and I know he will get it for me". How do you argue with that logic. She has seen all the magical movies, she knows Santa brings kids what they want if you just tell him. I don't know if I can stand the disappointment on her face on Christmas morning if she does not get this, it will not matter what else she gets. But then again I don't want to run up a bill that will have to be paid off later just to please my kid. I have not done any Christmas shopping (for anyone) because I don't know what I am going to do.

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

My middle daughter wants a Hanana Montana Fat Head Poster from Santa. Those are $100 She is not getting that even if santa knows she wants it. I just pick one or two things from her long list of what she wants. My girls all got DS's last year. You have to get her Animal Crossing. I don't have a DS of my own but I have a game so I can play on the kids' DS.