Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What can you say about a girl who's movin' on

I remember my first day at new teacher orientation. I was scared out of my wits. I was thrilled when there was another new math teacher that was my age. We almost immediately became friends. That was 8 and a half years ago. Now we scrap together, have kids the same age and hang out. Our friendship has truly grown over the past 8 and a half years and especially in the last 3-4 years. I spent a good bit of time of the last three days just hanging with her and her family. The moving truck packs it up tomorrow. I am very sad to see her go. I held myself together pretty good last night, I didn't want the night before the move to be sad. I know she is excited and I am excited for her but I am still sad, very sad. I do keep telling myself that in this technology age it will be easier to keep in touch and as I have been told "Good Friends are Forever".



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, It is sad to see a friend move when you know that you have a true connection with this person. I will pray that God will strengthen your friendship more and more even with miles between you.
Love ya,
Leigh