Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Idol Chat -- the top 8

Here are my thoughts on American Idol this week.

The bottom three will be Syesha, Carly, and I am undecided on the third. Maybe Jason, maybe Kristy, maybe Brooke. I think Syesha will be packing her bags this week.

Micheal Johns, David C. and Carly have been at the top of my list for a while but none of them did very well last night. David A. did okay but I have not really been a fan of his all along. Plus we have learned that he has a crazy stage father. I really like Brooke and I voted for her but I think she is becoming too emotional. You cannot be emotional if you want to make it in this business. I thought Jason did pretty good but he just isn't my style. Kristy had a great night I thought and probably kept herself from going home this week. She sang a Martina McBride song, Anyway, and it really fit her. Syesha sang I Believe by former AI winner Fantasia. Someone needs to inform Syesha of the unwritten rules for song choice. You don't sing Whitney, Mariah, or Celine, no matter how good you think you are. And you don't sing songs by former AI front runners or winners. Especially when Randy and Simon loved them so much. Syesha has broken both of these rules the last two weeks and I don't think she can hang on much longer.

No comments: