Monday, July 20, 2009

Pink Palace visit

Back in May the Pink Palace here in Memphis offered a free 3 month trial membership. So I signed up thinking this would be something nice to do with the kids that is indoors on those really hot days. Well we finally used it today (and it wasn't even that hot outside). I called Paula and said hey you want to go to the Pink Palace today, she said yea sure I think we do! So we met down there and toured the exhibits. None of my pictures turned out good and I am still not sure which one I am going to use for my picture of the day. I don't really like any of them. Paula got some much better I think.

They have a special dinosaur exhibit right now. I thought Kyle would really like that. He raced through all the stuff. He looked at it and ran to the next thing, just didn't seem as interested as I thought he would. Kaitlyn was a little more into some of it. She is probably at a better age for it anyway. They also have the normal stuff that is always there, and a birds, geology, skeletons and mammals exhibit.





The only picture I could really get of Kyle




The next few pictures I remember going through when I was in Elementary school on field trip day (the store, the circus, and the guy getting his foot amputated especially)

Piggly Wiggly store


The circus (we had just missed it moving)




Soldier having his foot amputated








Kaitlyn flying like a bird


Looking through the microscope








Our free pass doesn't include the imax or the planetarium but I think we will go back and just pay to see that in the next couple of weeks. Our free pass does include Litcherman nature center so we are going to try that one day next week hopefully.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I still need to take Will. He roars at the TV when he sees the dinosaur commercial.