Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kindergarten shots

I took Kyle yesterday to get the rest of his shots so that he can start Kindergarten. He knew he was getting shots and we talked about him being brave. I told him if he did good and was very brave then I would take him to get something. He said "a toy?", I said yea I guess we can go to Dollar Tree and you can pick out a toy. He said "um, no, I want to go to Target to get a toy!". I guess he already figured that trick out.

This was before the doctor came in, he was pretending to be sick.


Anyway, he was very brave. They pricked his finger first and he didn't cry from that. He just watched in amazement. Then I told him he had to have 4 shots, 2 in each leg. The nurse came in and told him what she was doing. She said take a deep breath in and then blow real hard to let it out. He did and didn't cry again, but was not happy. Then came the second shot and he did cry with that one. He was blowing out really hard (I so wish I had a picture of that) and you could tell he was trying not to cry but he just had to. Then the 3rd and 4th ones weren't so bad.

So we ventured to Target. All in all it cost me $25 for the copay to the doctor, $1.25 for a blue icee at Target, $7.99 for a new racetrack for his cars, and $.97 for a new car (even though we have a hundred of them). Not too bad I guess.



1 comment:

Kelley said...

I love the sick pic! :)