My word for 2009 is REALIZE!
Ali Edwards challenges her blog readers to pick a word to reflect on throughout the year. You can read about it here.
Here is the dictionary.com definition
verb, -ized, -iz⋅ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to grasp or understand clearly.
2. to make real; give reality to (a hope, fear, plan, etc.).
3. to bring vividly to the mind.
4. to convert into cash or money: to realize securities.
5. to obtain as a profit or income for oneself by trade, labor, or investment.
6. to bring as proceeds, as from a sale: The goods realized $1000.
7. Music. to sight-read on a keyboard instrument or write out in notation the full harmony and ornamentation indicated by (a figured bass).
8. Linguistics. to serve as an instance, representation, or embodiment of (an abstract linguistic element or category): In “Jack tripped,” the subject is realized by “Jack,” the predicate by “tripped,” and the past tense by “-ed.”
–verb (used without object)
9. to convert property or goods into cash or money.
And I think I am going to try and make a cool scrapbook page with this word for my 365 project front page. We shall see how that goes.