Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pop's Fossil

It is funny to me how much kids actually pick up on. My Dad died 5 years this past June. Kaitlyn was only 3 and I was pregnant with Kyle so he wasn't even born yet. They had never been out to his grave and truth be told I don't go out there as much I should. So the other day Kaitlyn asks me if we can go see Pop's fossil. I was really confused and she was trying to explain it to me. It took her a minute but I finally got. I have no idea where she got to call it a fossil nor do I know how she knew people even have gravestones. So I told her we would go see it one day this week. Then she says "and we need to take some flowers too". Again I do not know how she knew that you put flowers on the stone either. So we stopped at Kroger and bought some flowers and I showed them where the "fossil" is and they put the flowers down. Might be a little morbid but of course I took a picture.




5 comments:

Leigh said...

That is so sweet. Kids seem to have the natural ability to show love. I think it's wonderful that she thought to do this.

The Beatty's said...

Not morbid at all. Very sweet and kind and thoughtful of your kids.

Kelley said...

This is not morbid at all. I think it's very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. What a wonderful experience this whole thing must have been for you. And your Dad should be proud!

Wendy said...

how very sweet! thank you for sharing Jenn!