Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Niece

Susan calls me at 6:30 this morning. She was almost to the hospital and had been having contractions all night. So I get up and leisurely take a shower and begin getting ready. I was taking my time because I was going to need to take my kids to my mom's house and I knew I didn't want to wake her too early. So then I talked to Lora about 7:25 and she said Susan was 5.5 cm and her contractions were about a minute apart. I thought okay well I guess I better get a move on things. I dropped my kids off and called Shane at 8:05 and he said she was now at 7 cm. So I am racing down g-town pkwy to get there. When I got there she was getting her epidural. By 9:30 she was at 9.5 cm but her water still had not broken. The doctor came in about 10:30 and broke it for her. At 12:15 she was still at 9.5 cm and the baby had pooped in her stomach earlier so they decided to go ahead and do a c-section. So then I had to leave (I was going to get to stay in the room for the delivery but only person can go back for a c-section). At 1:03 Peyton Elizabeth Davis finally arrived. We didn't get to see her until about 4:30 but she is so precious. She weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces. She wins the award for biggest baby by far.




2 comments:

Kelley said...

How sweet!! I'm glad everything went well.

Leigh said...

Wow that is a big baby and so cute. Please tell her congratualtions from us.