In 2009 I began taking a picture daily. I also picked a word for the year (as inspired by Ali Edwards). In 2010 I continued taking a picture daily but slacked off towards the end of the year. I forgot to choose my word for the year. So I am choosing my word for the year now so I don't forget. Although I had a hard time choosing the word this year. But I am going with Direction.
Definitions of direction on the Web:
* a line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didn't know the way home"
* the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves; "he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
* a general course along which something has a tendency to develop; "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"; "his ideals determined the direction of his career"; "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
* guidance: something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
* management: the act of managing something; "he was given overall management of the program"; "is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
* a message describing how something is to be done; "he gave directions faster than she could follow them"
* steering: the act of setting and holding a course; "a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
* commission: a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something; "the judge's charge to the jury"
* focus: the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"