Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day

I had received an email from baskin robbins that had the cutest ice cream cake in it. John had asked me what I wanted for Mother's day this year so I forwarded him the email and told him I wanted this cake (I was very specific). He texted me later and told me that the BR in Bartlett didn't have that cake. Well yesterday he told me to go to the BR on Houston Levee and pick up the cake. He had to call 3 different BR's to find one that could do it. We ate it at Luke's last night and had some more of it today.






Here are some before church photos:







And then after church service we went to eat with my mom, brother and his girlfriend at O'Charley's.







John got a card for the kids to sign and give to me with an Archiver's gift card in it PLUS he got me a card from him that says "to my wonderful wife on mother's day" with a gift certificate to the place where I go get my pedicures. That has never happened before.

3 comments:

Abbie Johnson said...

I was going to comment about you having to pick up your own cake (at least he ordered it) but then I read you got a whole cards and an Archiver's Gift card! I guess that makes up for having to pick up your own cake! :)

Kelley said...

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome day! You deserve it. And that cake is so you, love it. :)

The Beatty's said...

Glad you had a good mother's day! Kelley's right, you deserve it. Love the composition of that lady picture!