Thursday, June 25, 2009

VBS Conqueror

This year was year 2 in our three part Vacation Bible School. Here is a link to my last year's post on VBS Beginnings. This year told about the last week of Jesus' life. We still had the market set up, this year we added a Garden. There was also a tomb set up. The kids were divided into the tribes of Judah again. The costumes were still a nice touch. My only problem with last year's VBS was I wasn't sure how it could get any better, how were we going to top it. Last year was so good. Well my doubts were crumpled, this year was fantastic! I can only imagine what next year will hold.

(I had some major lighting issues when the skits were going on, I tried my external flash and then got blurry pictures. I also wasn't always in the best position for the picture and couldn't really move around. I will have to work on that for next year. As soon as Penny's pictures get uploaded to the church website, I will provide a link.)

Kyle brought his friend Lucas this year. They were in the tribe of Benjamin.



Kaitlyn was in the tribe of Zebulun.



Kaitlyn in the spice shop.



Judas setting up his betrayal of Jesus.



Joseph Barsabas told the story each night, the narrator if you will. He was so believable and did a fantastic job.



Kyle in the pottery shop



Jackson, Lucas and Kyle with their bowls they made from playdough.



Entering the garden



Pilot asks the crowd "who do you want me to release to you, Jesus or Barabbas?



Kyle getting a coupon from Mr. Chris for bringing a friend.



Kaitlyn in the produce shop.



Holding the Benjamin sign



Kyle and Lucas in the spice shop



The carpentry shop, they made the cross for Jesus to carry



Jesus being mocked by the soldiers, getting ready to carry his cross.



The soldiers setting up the cross (no we did not really hang Jesus)



The next night, Mary and Mary Magdelene coming to the tomb.



The tomb was empty!



Jesus appearing to some of his disciples. (the little kids oohed when Jesus appeared)



And finally Kyle and Lucas playing a game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see what my little bugger was up to with your little bugger! Looks like it was really engaging! AWESOME!