Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Holiday that cannot be bought

Happy Thanksgiving today! I was in the shower this morning and Kyle came and asked if we get to open presents on Thanksgiving. I said "No, today is just a day to eat lots of food and be thankful for your family." Every other holiday is so commercialized except this one. It is almost overlooked. It is not my favorite holiday by far but it is the only day of the year that I get to eat dressing. I really need to practice making that. I read about a good idea for a scrapbook page so I took pictures of our food today. Here is what our family has for Thanksgiving:

The Dressing (and there is Chicken in it)



Sweet Potato casserole (which I don't eat)
(for some reason I can't find the picture of this, maybe I didn't take one)

Mashed Potatoes



Corn Pudding



plain Green Beans (no green bean casserole in this family)



Peach Pie filling salad (aka fruit salad)



Ham



And here is the whole spread (minus the desserts):



We don't usually have Turkey at our house on Turkey day, I know weird but that is how we have always done it. And this year we didn't have any pies. That doesn't upset me at all because I don't eat any of the traditional Thanksgiving day pies, plus I would rather eat more dressing. We did have coconut cake and chocolate eclair cake.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

So you know I jump on your blog to get to other blogs which means I've seen those mashed taters about 4times now. I must say that every time I see them I am more and more impressed. I've never seen mashed taters that are that creamy/whipped before.

Sara said...

Mmmmmmmm... everything looks so yummy!