Sunday, June 24, 2012

two new recipes

Cooking is not something I do a lot of, I can cook, I just don't. During the school year I leave my house at 6:15 and don't get home until 4:30 and I am just worn out. John would rather eat out anyway so we usually do.

But I have been pinning all kinds of good recipes to try so this summer I will cook a lot more. I started by cleaning out my kitchen which included emptying my fridge, freezer and pantry and getting those all clean and organized. My countertops are clear and I am have cleaned out my cookbooks and magazines.

The first recipe I tried is Mexican Manicotti. It was one I tore out of a quick cooking magazine years ago.


1 pound of ground beef
1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
2 -1/2 tsp chili powder
1-1/2 tsp oregano
1 package manicotti shells
2-1/2 cups water
1 jar (16 oz.) picante sauce
2 cups sour cream
1 cup mexican blend shredded cheese
1/4 cup green onions
sliced olives (optional)

In a bowl, mix the uncooked ground beef, beans, chili powder and oregano. Spoon into the uncooked manicotti shells, arrange in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Combine water and picante sauce, pour over shells. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (I didn't do that part)

Cover and bake for 1 hour on 350. Uncover, spoon sour cream and sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives. Bake 5-10 minutes longer.

I only put sour cream on half the pan because I don't like sour cream but John does. I also did not put the onions or olives on top.


The next night I cooked a Chicken Cordon Bleu lasagne. It was really good. This recipe came from pinterest.


Here is the link to the recipe:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagne
I did not put in the cottage cheese so next time I will use more ricotta cheese in its place.

I cooked both of these recipes in my pampered chef 9x13 stone (which I pretty much cook everything in).

No comments: